John A. Colglazier, Sr.
John Colglazier was born and raised in San Antonio, graduating from Alamo Heights High School in 1966 and from the University of Texas at Austin in 1970 with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, majoring in Finance.
After graduation, he joined Peacock Realtors, a prominent local commercial real estate fi rm. In 1982, Mr. Colglazier became a partner in Peacock Realtors with the added responsibility of managing the efforts of up to eight salesmen as well as the cooperative management of the entire office. In 1986, Mr. Colglazier sold his interest in Peacock Realtors to one of his partners in order to set up his own real estate firm, Colglazier Properties. At the present time, he is the sole owner and manager of Colglazier Properties with four licensed salesmen under his leadership. Over the past forty-six years, Mr. Colglazier has concentrated his efforts on the selling and leasing of industrial and office real estate as well as investment property of all types.
Mr. Colglazier has actively invested in and been the developer and manager of numerous real estate ventures including the following: over 110 acres of industrial land in numerous parcels; a warehouse facility that is presently leased to Praxair, Inc., a global, Fortune 300 Company with sales of $8.3 billion. Praxair, Inc. supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings and related services and technologies to a wide diversity of customers; the build-to-suit of a 15,000 square foot warehouse/distribution facility for Federal-Mogul Corporation, a multi-national manufacturer and distributor of precision parts and tools; a two-restaurant complex in an upscale section of San Antonio; and the office building currently occupied by Colglazier Properties Inc. In the last quarter of 2004, Mr. Colglazier completed construction on the first two of seven speculative office/warehouse buildings in an 8.25 acre industrial development owned and managed by Colglazier Ventures. In 2008, Colglazier developed an office/service/fl ex and high-end retail development in the fast- growing Northwest quadrant of San Antonio.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS :
- CCIM- Certified Commercial Investment Member of the Realtors’ National Marketing Institute
- SIOR- Active Industrial Member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors of the National Association of Realtors
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS :
- Member, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Member, Texas Association of Realtors
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- 1975 Chairman, Commercial and Industrial Committee, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- 1985 Charter Member, Commercial Investment Division, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- 1985 - 1986 Board of Governors, Commercial Investment Division, San Antonio Board of Realtors
PAST AND PRESENT MEMBERSIP AND COMMITTEES :
- Arbitration Committee, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Bexar County Condemnation Court Commissioner, 1990 to Date
- Alamo Heights School District Foundation Board, 1994 - 1998